Pinterest is one of the top social media platforms, with over 400 million active users. It presents a massive opportunity for businesses to drive traffic, increase brand awareness, and make sales.
But to maximize your reach and engagement on Pinterest, having a public profile is a must.
In this guide, we'll cover:
- Benefits of a public Pinterest account
- How to make your Pinterest profile public
- Setting profile visibility
- Making boards public
- Public profile best practices
- Driving traffic from a public profile
- Using analytics to optimize
Benefits of a Public Pinterest Account
Here are some of the critical advantages of having a public Pinterest account:
- Increased reach - A public profile can be discovered by anyone searching Pinterest and can appear in Google search. This broadens your audience significantly.
- Social sharing - Users can find and share your pins and boards more easily if your profile is public. This expands visibility.
- SEO gains - Public pins are indexable by search engines, improving findability and traffic.
- Collaborations - Partners, influencers, and followers can only tag or invite you if they have access to your profile.
- Analytics - Data like impressions and engagement are available only for public accounts, helping optimize your efforts.
- Credibility - A private account is perceived as less accessible and transparent for users.
How to Make Your Pinterest Profile Public
Follow these steps to change your Pinterest profile from private to public:
- Go to your Pinterest profile.
- Click on the three-dot settings icon on the top right.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Account Basics.
- Under Profile visibility, select Public.
- Click Save settings at the bottom.
Your Pinterest profile is now completely public!
Setting Profile Visibility
You can also customize profile visibility with these options in Pinterest settings:
- Public - The default option makes your entire profile visible to anyone.
- Private - Limits visibility to only you and approved followers.
- Secret - Your boards and pins will only be visible to people you invite via email.
Choose the public to maximize reach and benefits. The other options are better if you want to limit access.
Making Boards Public
For public profiles, you can still control visibility at the individual board level:
- Public - Anyone can view, share, comment, and save pins from that board. This is the best option to choose for most boards.
- Protected - Only approved followers can access the board. Use this to limit access to private content.
- Secret - Only you and the collaborators you invite can access the secret board.
Toggle these options from the board settings. Mix public, protected, and secret boards as needed for your specific content.
Public Profile Best Practices
Follow these tips to optimize your public Pinterest presence:
- Complete profile - Add a profile and cover image, bio, website link, etc. to build professionalism.
- Organized boards - Curate boards around specific themes/products to make content accessible to discover.
- Captivating pins - Use eye-catching images and great descriptions to increase repins, likes, and clicks.
- Regular pinning - Pin multiple times daily to keep your profile active with fresh content
- Engage with followers - Reply to comments and like/repin user pins to boost relationships.
- Enable analytics - Review performance data weekly and fine-tune your approach for better results.
Driving Traffic from Your Public Pinterest Profile
A public profile presents opportunities to drive targeted traffic to your online store. Some top strategies include:
- Link website in bio - Add your store's URL to drive profile visitors to your site.
- Share product pins - Create eye-catching pin posts showcasing your latest products.
- Create shoppable pins - Enable buyable pins to let users purchase items directly on Pinterest.
- Promote top content - Run Pinterest ads to boost your best pins and boards.
- Collaborate - Get featured in influencer and brand partner pins to tap into their following.
- Go niche - Build boards around focused topics to attract your ideal customers.
- Spot trends - Make boards around rising popular themes and place-related products.
Using Analytics to Optimize Your Public Profile
Diving into your Pinterest analytics provides valuable data to inform strategy. Track these key metrics:
- Impressions – Number of times your pins are seen. Measure growth over time.
- Engagements - Likes, comments, repins, etc. Review the most engaging content.
- Clicks - Monitor which pins and boards drive most site clicks. Double down on those.
- Audience - Analyze follower demographics like locations and gender to tailor content.
- Earned media - Track repins and shares to identify influencer opportunities.
- Product tags - See which products get tagged most to focus on promotion.
A public Pinterest profile opens up a wider audience for your brand and content. Follow best practices to create an engaging public presence that converts profile visitors into customers.
Leverage analytics to identify your best-performing pins and continuously refine your approach. A beautifully curated public Pinterest account acts as a visual showcase to boost your eCommerce business.
Unlock the full potential of Pinterest by making your profile public today!
To explore more social commerce options for selling online, check out SHOPLINE UK.